Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Beautiful for you, momma"


Summer in Traverse City is the most beautiful thing I've experienced (just ask National Geographic http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/best-trips-summer-2012/#/traverse-michigan-summer-trips_52799_600x450.jpg). Beginning each day with meditation, crocheting or listening to an audio book at the beach has definitely been a highlight of my job change. But I continue to look for another job. For obvious reasons - more money, benefits. But part of me questions my other motives...am I ever satisfied? Can we take goal setting and advancement too far? Or am I really compelled to leave this job because I'm done and ready to try something else? Hm..for today, I choose to be grateful to have the job at all.

 Other gratitudes:

  • My 3-year-old son always shows me flowers or jewelry and says "beautiful for you, momma!"
  • Crochet
  • clients who no-show (is that terrible?)
  • ice-cold water
  • mini date with the hubs yesterday
  • Pandora radio
  • film fest tonight!

No comments: